With 245 million monthly listeners in the U.S., Clear Channel Media + Entertainment has the largest reach of any radio or television outlet in America. Clear Channel Media + Entertainment serves 150 markets through 840 owned radio stations, and the company’s radio stations and content can be heard on AM/FM, HD digital radio, satellite radio, on the Internet at iHeartRadio.com and on the company’s radio station websites, on the iHeartRadio mobile app, in enhanced auto dashes, on iPads and smartphones, and used via navigation systems. iHeartRadio, Clear Channel's digital radio platform, is the No. 1 all-in-one digital audio service with over 260 million downloads; it reached its first 20 million registered users faster than any digital service in Internet history.
The company’s operations include radio broadcasting, online and mobile services and products, live concerts and events, syndication, music research services and independent media representation. Clear Channel Media + Entertainment is a division of CC Media Holdings, Inc. (OTCBB: CCMO), a leading global media and entertainment company. More information on the company can be found at ClearChannel.com.
The Clear Channel Account Executive will identify and solicit new business; service and grow existing account. They are responsible for developing persuasive proposals in response to client needs and/or opportunities. They will guide their clients based on market, platform or station information. They are responsible for ensuring client satisfaction through cooperative communication. They will also negotiate rates consistent with Clear Channel operating goals and budgets and ensure prompt payment. They will utilize all available Clear Channel resources to create effective marketing campaigns.
This is a commission based outside sales position.
- Entrepreneurial & motivated self-starter.
- Knowledge of sales principles and practices.
- Flexible and creative, with an ability to handle stress, deadlines, and financial pressures.
- Ability to grow the business & find new revenue opportunities, and create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Self-motivated, assertive, performs well in a competitive sales environment.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi task in a fast paced environment.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to communicate product value.
- Ability to design, present, and successfully execute targeted marketing campaigns.
- Generate revenue and meet/exceed established sales targets.
- Prospective candidate should have the ability to exercise judgment and operate independently.
- Translate market & station business strategies into specific actions that generate sales & revenue.
- Monitor competitive media to continually prospect for new account leads.
- Candidate will also need to be able to read, draft and comprehend complex and persuasive business correspondence.
- Provide regular reports to Sales Manager regarding prospective sales order, new prospect lists, forecasts, and competition analysis.
- Service client accounts including preparing sales orders and production requests, resolve billing discrepancies..
- Follow station/company practices/policies for processing, invoicing, calculation of sales.
- Establish, maintain, and deepen relationships with existing client base & agencies.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Previous business-to-business or media sales experience preferred, but not required.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Professional appearance and strong interpersonal skills.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please visit www.clearcareers.com and search: San Antonio
Clear Channel is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.